April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding: Impressions

I was one amongst the millions in the United States who woke up early (or should I say napped for two hours) to watch the historic event of Prince William of Wales and Catherine Middleton marry at Westminster Abbey.

I didn't know how much I would be interested at first, but as the big day approached I started to feel like a kid on Christmas Eve, ready to open gifts. I wanted to see Kate's wedding dress, which was kept secret for all these months. I wanted to see what Wills would wear, what regal outfit would be fit for a wedding. And I wanted to see all the pomp and circumstance that is a royal wedding.

This morning did not disappoint!

Kate Middleton, now the Duchess of Cambridge, wore Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen and it was STUNNING. Amen to brides wearing sleeves again! I think sleeves have gotten a stigma over the years of looking outdated, but Kate brought sleeves on a wedding gown back to the spotlight.

Photo from The Today Show

The entire wedding party looked amazing with Prince Harry in his military garb to Kate's sister Pippa in a gorgeous Sarah Burton Alexander McQueen design - that I think a bride could totally wear on her wedding day. AND it's another beautiful and stylish way to wear sleeves! When I saw Prince William in red with blue sash, I couldn't help but think that he is Prince Charming. It definitely reminded me of Cinderella's prince. (Granted that's a cartoon, but it's not every day you watch a ROYAL wedding!)

From The Frisky
I think the best part of the royal wedding was certainly when Wills and Kate pledged their vows to each other. I got chills as I watched, as I generally do whenever I attend a wedding. I mean, the marriage ceremony IS the reason for the celebration! And I'm thrilled that Wills and Kate are a great match and love each other. While I wasn't old enough to witness Charles and Diana get married, after viewing footage, you could tell that Diana wasn't fully ready (at only 19!) for the full responsibility of marrying into a royal family. But William and Catherine make a beautiful couple and I think that Princess Diana would be immensely proud of her son.

From Ace Showbiz


And to top it all off, the day was sealed with a kiss. Thank you Prince William and Kate for allowing the world to share your wedding day. It was a gorgeous celebration and I wish you a long and happy marriage!

While I'm exhausted from lack of sleep, I think it was totally worth waking up to watch live!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I totally appreciate your comments and feedback! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...